Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil
7,00€ VAT included
Eucalyptus globulus – Anti-mosquito
100% Pure and Certified Organic
After collecting plants manually with the help of a sickle, their essential oils are extracted using a stainless steel alembic by means of steam distillation. This process allows the preservation of all the scents and active principles and thereby guarantees the quality of the essential oil.
Distilled part: Aerial part. Cultivation methods: Spontaneous. Origin: Herdade de Vale Côvo, Portugal.
Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil
How to use?
- With a diffuser with water or on wooden balls: A few drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a diffuser with water or on wooden balls cleanse and purify the air, prevent respiratory infections and flu in winter. They also remove unpleasant and persistent smells such as those of tobacco, animals, cooking and mouldy smells. This essential oil repels insects too.
- If inhaled: Inhalations with the essential oil have nasal decongestant, expectorant and bronchial actions, being used in the treatment of colds, flu, bronchitis, cough, asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, sore throat, and other oropharyngeal inflammation. For humid inhalations, put 5-10 drops of essential oil in half a litre of boiling water or 3-5 drops per 50 ml in aerosols.
- By ingestion: The ingestion of the essential oil (1-3 drops in a teacup with hot water, twice a day) has similar effects to its inhalation, and it also helps to reduce blood sugar level in the case of diabetes.
- Massage: A dilution in vegetable oil (5-20%, approx. 100-400 drops per 100 ml) is used for massage to soothe the cough and clean the respiratory tracts. It also alleviates rheumatism pain and migraines.
- Pure: Applied pure on wounds, the essential oil has an antiseptic and healing effect.
- In the bath: Add some drops to a bath, particularly for children, elderly people, and convalescent patients.
What are the recommendations?
Eucalyptus essential oil must not be ingested by people suffering from respiratory allergies, epilepsy, or gastrointestinal problems. It should not be administered together with other medicines. Contact dermatitis may occur if applied directly on the skin. Pure essential oil must not be applied on face and nose.
What is the cultivation method?
We are certified organic by Ecocert – Portugal (PT-BIO-02). We don’t use chemical products, such as fertilisers and insecticides. Organic farming techniques are used for growing the plants. We create the conditions for our plants to prosper in their natural environment and so the endemic plant species return to their native habitat (permaculture).
What part of the plant is distilled?
In the case of eucalyptus, the distilled part is the aerial part of the plant, because it is the most vigorous and where the majority of essential oils are concentrated.
What is the origin of our plants?
Our plants come from Herdade de Vale Côvo, Mértola, Portugal. They are harvested by hand with a sickle on the farm itself.
What is the method of distillation?
After manually collecting the plants with the help of a sickle, their essential oils are extracted using a stainless steel alembic by means of steam distillation. This process allows the preservation of all the scents and active principles and thereby guarantees the quality of the essential oil.
Plant from organic farming (PT-BIO-02). ECOCERT, Portugal
|Dimensions||3 × 6 × 11 cm|