Rosemary essential oil
9,00€ VAT included (23%)
Rosmarinus officinalis – Stimulant
100% Pure and Certified Organic
After collecting plants manually with the help of a sickle, their essential oils are extracted using a stainless steel alembic by means of steam distillation. This process allows the preservation of all the scents and active principles and thereby guarantees the quality of the essential oil.
Distilled part: Aerial part. Cultivation methods: Organic farming and Permaculture. Origin: Herdade de Vale Côvo, Portugal.
Organic Rosemary Essential Oil
Organic rosemary essential oil is one of the most popular oils used in aromatherapy due to its many beneficial and therapeutic properties for health and well-being. So how do you use this excellent bio essential oil?
Therefore how to use?
- With a diffuser with water or on wooden balls: To disinfect the air, prevent respiratory diseases, remove bad smells, and repel insects.
- If inhaled: Either pure or in steam, it has an expectorant action, soothes the cough and the symptoms of asthma. It also enhances mental activity, concentration, and memory, reducing headaches, stress, anxiety, depression, and the effects of mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
- By ingestion: The ingestion of rosemary essential oil (2 drops on a teaspoon with honey or 1-2 drops in a teacup with hot water, 1 and 3 times a day, after meals) has similar effects to its inhalation. Besides these effects, it is digestive, reduces cholesterol, stimulates the liver and the production of bile which helps on fat assimilation, and prevents flatulence.
- Massage: Diluted in vegetable oil (3%, approx. 60 drops per 100 ml), and applied in massage, the essential oil works as a natural painkiller, an anti-inflammatory and an antispasmodic. It alleviates muscular tension, joint and rheumatic pain. Additionally, it stimulates blood flow, reduces the symptoms of varicose veins, tired legs and swollen.
- In the bath: Some drops in a bath have a beneficial effect in case of physical tiredness, mental exhaustion and low blood pressure. It reduces stress and prevents insomnia.
- In gargles: 3-4 drops into a glass of warm water it removes bad breath.
- Pure: When the essential oil is used pure on wounds, it helps healing. If applied on the temples, it reduces migraines. If some drops are added to the shampoo, it has a hair-growing and anti-dandruff effect.
What are the recommendations?
Organic rosemary essential oil must not be taken orally during pregnancy (it is abortive) or breastfeeding. Children younger than 6, people suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, digestive conditions and neurological disorders must avoid its use. Topically, the essential oil must not be applied on mucous membranes.
What is the cultivation method?
We are certified organic by Ecocert – Portugal (PT-BIO-02). We don’t use chemical products, such as fertilisers and insecticides. Organic farming techniques are used for growing the plants. We create the conditions for our plants to prosper in their natural environment and so the endemic plant species return to their native habitat (permaculture).
What part of the plant is distilled?
In the case of rosemary, the distilled part is the aerial part of the plant, because it is the most vigorous and where the majority of essential oils are concentrated. Thus, in the rosemary plantations, the upper part of the plant is collected.
What is the origin of our plants?
Our plants come from Herdade de Vale Côvo, Mértola, Portugal. They are harvested by hand with a sickle on the farm itself.
What is the method of distillation?
After manually collecting the plants with the help of a sickle, their essential oils are extracted using a stainless steel alembic by means of steam distillation. This process allows the preservation of all the scents and active principles and thereby guarantees the quality of the essential oil.
Plant from organic farming (PT-BIO-02). ECOCERT, Portugal
|Dimensions||3 × 6 × 10.5 cm|